Superdry co-founder Julian Dunkerton has raised concerns that a Cheltenham hotel which is up for sale is “riddled with asbestos”. The four-star 84-room Queens Hotel in the Promenade is owned by Sutton Hotel Collection. Mr Dunkerton made the claim as councillors considered his plans for No 131 Promenade, a luxury boutique hotel and restaurant across the road. […]
Continue readingProfit over people: The dangers of companies exposing employees to asbestos
Christian Luciano Santiago of Vogelzang Law joins Jon Hansen on Let’s Get Legal to discuss mesothelioma and companies knowingly exposing employees to it. The two discuss worker training at companies for handling asbestos and answer listener questions about exposure and litigation. For more information, call (312) 466-1669.
Continue readingMan accused of faking asbestos reports for Edmonton’s largest school division
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/man-accused-of-faking-asbestos-reports-for-edmonton-s-largest-school-division-1.7049346
Continue readingGovernment urged to ensure proper disposal of asbestos following Duale’s three-month ultimatum.
Three more sites near Rozelle Parklands test positive for asbestos
By Mikala Theocharous 12:48pm Jan 13, 2024 An additional six samples have come back as positive for asbestos following yesterday’s discovery of three more contaminated sites in the Rozelle Parklands. The bonded asbestos was found in garden beds which sit “adjacent to the road”, as well as along “active transport paths” around the Anzac Bridge junction, Victoria Road […]
Continue readingNewly opened Sydney park closed after asbestos found in garden mulch
By Rebecca Masters Mikala Theocharous 4:56pm Jan 10, 2024 A family and their small child were the first to identify asbestos materials in mulch at the new Rozelle Parklands in Sydney’s Inner West. A concerned parent reported seeing “suspicious-looking” material at the park after finding their child near it, which prompted independent testing of the mulch. […]
Continue readingResidents claim ‘negligence’ as asbestos left on vacant Sydney lot for months
By Harriet Tatham Posted 12h ago12 hours ago, updated 6h ago6 hours ago Earlwood resident Lydia Feng says the failure to remove asbestos from her street for several months amounts to government negligence.(ABC News: Harriet Tatham) New South Wales’ health and safety regulator is “making enquiries” after sheets containing hazardous asbestos were left lying, uncovered and accessible to the public […]
Continue readingAsbestos in flood damaged homes and buildings
WorkSafe Victoria is providing information to home owners and renters about the dangers of asbestos-containing materials in flood damaged homes and buildings. Home owners and renters do not have the same obligations under occupational health and safety legislation as employers and self-employed persons, but there are still steps they can take to reduce the […]
Continue readingAsbestos-littered town of Wittenoom on track for demolition after bushfire razes buildings
ABC Pilbara / By Tom Robinson Posted Yesterday at 10:48am Fire burns through the abandoned town of Wittenoom in Western Australia.(Supplied: Marty Michon and Amy Brogan) A visitor to the asbestos ghost town of Wittenoon said it was “sad to see it go down” after an uncontrolled bushfire destroyed multiple buildings late last year. Key points: The bushfire […]
Continue readingLocks come off Alphington asbestos sheds but traders still in limbo
Locks and hazard tape have been removed from businesses caught up in a council asbestos dispute in Melbourne’s inner-east, but traders who say they have been financially ruined by the surprise closure are pleading for mercy before the council votes on the site’s future next month. On Thursday, more than a dozen local artisans, designers […]
Continue reading

